LifePoint Church exists to glorify God as a community being transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18
- We believe in the triune God as sovereign creator of all things.
- We believe that God has inspired the 66 books of the OT/NT as the record and means of his saving work in the world.
- We believe God created mankind in his image, and that male and female are equal image-bearers created to complement one another in the covenant relationship of marriage; the normative and biblically designed pattern for sexual relations for male and female.
- We believe mankind has fallen from the perfect state in which God created them, and that all human beings are sinners by nature and choice.
- We believe that salvation was birthed in the plan of God from all eternity, as God willed to graciously his fallen image-bearers.
- We believe that the gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ, centered on his death and resurrection.
- We believe that God’s Word became flesh in Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man, born of the virgin Mary, sinless in life, crucified under Pontius Pilate, and resurrected from the dead by the power of God.
- We believe Jesus is the only mediator between God and man, that salvation and redemption are found only in him, and that all who believe in him are justified from their sin before God.
- We believe after Jesus rose from the dead he ascended into heaven and his Spirit descended on the day of Pentecost, birthing the Church. The Holy Spirit equips, empowers, and sanctifies God’s people.
- We believe that those who have been saved by the grace of God, through union with Christ by faith, and through regeneration by the Holy Spirit, enter the kingdom of God and delight in the blessings of the new covenant.
- We believe the universal church is manifested in local churches, of which Christ is the only Head. Thus each “local church” is the church, the household of God, the assembly of the living God, and the pillar and foundation of the truth.
- We believe baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordained by Jesus himself, and should be regularly observed by his church.
- We believe in the personal, glorious, and bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ with his holy angels, when he will exercise his role as final Judge, and his kingdom will be consummated.